A few weeks ago, I wrote a poem to try to describe my feelings, and I'd like to share it with all of you:
Leap
I am a roller skater
poised atop a steep ramp.
Someone pushes me from behind
and downdowndown
I go.
Miraculously, I keep
my balance and start to
pick up speed. Surely, I think,
this must be someone else's life,
or a dream -- but no,
I see the edge of the ramp
rushing up to greet me, and it is real.
It curves up slightly, a smirk,
a smile, a ski jump,
the swoosh of my life.
In a moment,
gravity and fate shall fling me
into that vast expanse
of the unknown,
and all I can do is pray to God
that my creaky old wings
remember how to
fly.
-JMH, 10/11/09
Safe travels....may you soar....and may there be LIGHT upon your new path.
ReplyDeleteFeel the love and support of family and friends that travels with you, as the adventure begins.
XOXO,
Mom <3